Monday, July 1, 2013

May - June

     June has been a busy month, beginning with both my parents' birthdays, drastic landscape changes to our yard, the end of school (for a few weeks anyway), and a family wedding.  Yet I'm so thankful that God has been with me throughout the hustle and bustle, and that I now have a chance to slow down a little and focus more on my relationship with him and with my family.
 
 
 
Flowers from Libby's performance in our church musical
 

Studying hard
 

Papa's birthday (May 27th)
 

Papa's birthday was special - he got two cakes.
This is the one Libby made.
 
 

Mama's birthday tea (June 2nd)
 

Pictures of our house before the trees were cut down
 
 
Our yard looks so empty now.
 
 
Logging trucks
 

 
 
 
I loved the maple tree in our backyard
 
 
But it's gone now :(
 
 
I took solace in some Lindor chocolate
 

Flowers in our yard
 
 
 
 
 
PREPARING FOR ISAAC AND MICHELLE'S WEDDING
 
For those who don't know, Isaac is my cousin.  It was such a blessing to see them finally getting married after several years of long waiting.  May God bless them both!
 
Pastries and cookies prepared specially by my younger siblings for the rehearsal dinner
 

 
 

My contribution to the wedding was part of the piano music. 
I learned Pachelbel's "Canon in D" and Edvard Greig's "Wedding at Troldhaugen"
over the course of just a week - spending hours every day at the piano.  My family finally got tired of listening to the pieces day in and day out!
 

 My cousin Rosie - a very talented photographer, and one of my best friends :)


Rehearsal dinner
 
 
The siblings before the wedding - we missed you Ezra!
 

Almost all of the men of the family - again, we're missing Ezra
 

The groom
 

Grandpa and Grandma
 

I thought it was very interesting how all of Isaac's merchant marine friends lined up their hats in this formation.  I'm not sure if this is part of their rules, or if its just for decoration, but I thought it was neat anyway.  Rosie saw me taking pictures and quickly told me not to put on any of the hats - as if I would!  She explained that it's the tradition that if a marine's hat is worn by anyone other than him or herself, then they can claim a kiss from that person.  Needless to say, I had even less inclination to try out one of the hats after hearing that interesting bit of information :)
 
 
BACK HOME...
 
A game that is played often at our house - Benjamin nearly always wins
 

 
 

Timothy is such a hard worker - and it looks like he's having fun too!
 

 
 

Surprise get-together with a friend
 

Going on a picnic to the front yard
 

Silly face
 
 

 
 

I love that God created color for us to enjoy throughout His creation


No comments:

Post a Comment