Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cabin Vacation - Part 2

 
Photo Credit: Rosie Dunn
 

A Few Memories:
- Sasquatch!
- "French Jokes"
- Swimming across the river
- Singing Jack Pearson songs
- A scary prank awaiting me in my tent one night (Thanks a lot, Rosie and Arthur!)
- Being nearly scared to death by Arthur on the way down from Puff Rock.
- Exploring and wandering around with James
- Sleeping out on the bluff under a star-scattered sky
- Driving into town with Grandpa and Papa to finish my sociology project.  Electricity!
- The privilege of using Rosie's camera
- Selfies and funny faces
- Spending Friday morning sitting around singing and listening to James make up songs
- Seeing the Milky-Way for the first time
- Warming up cold batteries
- Gasping in unison with delight whenever a shooting-star came into view
- Waking to the crisp morning air and the beautiful sunrise
- Our echoes ricocheting off the surrounding mountains as we shouted "Hosanna!"
 
 
 





Rosie's camera, which she kindly let me use quite a bit.  If you'd like to see more cabin pictures,
go to her blog at  My Life Through a Lens


Waiting in the back of Grandpa's truck

 

 

Another creature caught by the critter-hunters


 Siblings

 
 
 
 

 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Sunset on the way to Puff Mountain
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Mt. Daniels at dusk
 
 


 

 
 
 Echo!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Eulalia!
 
 
 Shouting in unison...
 
 
Reaction after hearing their echoes 
 
 
 


 



 Waiting for his echo
 
 

 
Not as good an echo as he'd hoped.  "That was so-so..." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 Sunrise after spending the night on the bluff.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Someone's cold! 
 
  
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I know that you posted this a while ago, so I must admit that I haven't checked your blog for a while. I love the pictures, but your list of memories was missing one thing: that one night that we all spent on the porch. That was miserable. Besides that, again, I am sorry for those "surprises"; I truly am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you commented on this a while ago, but I agree - I forgot about the porch. I guess the reason it wasn't as miserable for me was because I actually brought up my sleeping bag, unlike some other people I could name...

      And as for the 'surprises', it makes for good stories now. And they were funny once they were over. I'm just giving you a hard time!

      Delete