Monday, July 29, 2013

Cabin 2013 - Water Fun!

     A few weeks ago, my family and I headed up to the cabin in the Cascades for a wonderful week of fun and fellowship with my grandparents and cousins.  We've done this annually for at least ten years, and it's become one of the highlights of every year.  God has blessed us so much with loving family who love the Lord - and are also a lot of fun :)  I took quite a few pictures, so I've split them into several blog posts.
 
 
 
 
 
 Susannah and Libby!
 
 

 
 
 
 Dusk of the first day
 
 
 James built a 'shower' frame to be later covered with blankets, providing a privacy screen.
I never used it (Rosie and I simply washed each other's hair in the river), but the boys
say it was really helpful.
 
 
 Look what I found Grandpa!
 
 
Frogs, bugs, butterflies, lizards, and any other small critters don't have a hope of peace and quiet
with the younger set of cousins and Arthur around!
 
 
Preparing to dunk
 
 
 Resting in the shade
 
 
 Preparing to dunk...
 
 
 It's cold!
 
 
 
 
 
 Grandpa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Benjamin and James provided a soothing background of hymns at the swimming hole
 
 
 
 
 
 Dunking!
 
 
 Whoops - did someone forget to dunk on the count of three?
 
 
 Timothy and David - or is it Sméagol and Deagol?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment