Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break!

I know I'm not very good at blogging (just take a look at the last six months - I've only posted ten times!)  But I want to give it a better shot during the next few weeks, since winter quarter finally ended today (Praise God!).  I probably won't be able to keep it up once school starts up again in April, but for the rest of March I want to post something every day.

One of the reasons for this is that I don't want to spend this spring break lounging around, doing whatever I want to do without structure or purpose.  The other reason is that I tend to procrastinate on things, so I have many small tasks that have piled up and need to get done.  Having a list published on my blog will hopefully help with a little accountability!  I've made a list of things I'd like to accomplish, and will check back at the end of the break to see how well (or badly) I've done in working through the list.  Some things are "want-to's" like spending more time practicing piano or crocheting, while others are "need-to's" such as cleaning my room from top to bottom, and working on taxes :(

Here's the list:

Need to do:
 
- Taxes
- Contact several friends
- Thank you notes
- Look for a potential nursing assistant job
- Prepare for the hymn-sing in October (this will be an ongoing project)
- Prepare wedding piano music for some upcoming weddings!
- Clean/organize my room from top to bottom!!! [And keep it that way :)]
- Sort out all of my loose papers that have collected over the last few months


Want to do:
 
- Blog/picture-a-day (therefore improving both my photography and writing skills!)
- Cook a nutritious dinner twice a week
- Practice the piano an hour a day
- Work on crocheting

 
School-related:
 
- Work ahead at Japanese
- Apply to scholarships/write scholarship essays


 
 Relationships:
 
- Daily time with God
- Go out to ice cream with Libby
- Begin reading/encouragement time w/ Libby
- Spending more time with and encouraging all my siblings
- Focus on honoring and obeying my parents
- Get together with friends



 Healthy Living:
 
- Go running/jogging every day
- Get in shape for the fitness class I'm taking next quarter :P
- Apply concepts from the recent nutrition class I took to my daily life
- Track diet/exercise


 
To Read:
 
- The Bible
- 'Don't Waste Your Life'  - John Piper
- 'War of Words'  - Douglas Bond


Let's see how many of these things I can get done during the next few weeks! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment