Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Graduation

      I've been thinking about posting pictures of my graduation for a while, but didn't have the time until now.  My graduation was held on June 30th, 2012, and was a wonderful time of celebration and fun.  My cousins came up from Oregon to join us, and many other friends from church and other activities came as well.  My father, mother, and I all gave speeches, we sang a few of my favorite hymns, had a slideshow, and a reception afterward.  It was wonderful to see many people who had made an impact in my life all together in the same place, and to be able to share with them what God has been doing in my life.

     So without further ado, here are the pictures, courtesy of my cousin Rosie (her blog is My Life Through a Lens) who was kind enough to be the photographer for my graduation.  Thank you Rosie!



Before the graduation ceremony


AWANA display


Speech display



My award from STOA nationals (NITOC 2012)



Some of my photography and favorite books/curriculum


Waiting for it to begin...


Cousins!


Singing Hymns




Mama's speech





My graduation speech





The Reception



 
 
 
 




 
 

 
 

 
 



3 comments:

  1. Johanna! the last picture was taken before your graduation, and yet you have the tassel on the left side! Tsk! tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure I graduated 'correctly' with the tassel on the 'right' side. Do you recall how many times I had to ask Uncle Tom which side was which? At least 3 times during the twenty minutes before the ceremony. I kept forgetting because I was so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget too. I just saw it was on the left side in the picture with Lynnea which was during the reception, so I figured that that was the side that it was switched to.

    ReplyDelete